National ICT Scholarship Program 2009
National ICT R&D Fund Pakistan, is offering fully funded scholarships for talented Pakistani students from rural/non-metropolis tan areas of Pakistan. The National ICT Scholarship Program 2009 (NICTSP 2009) will provide fully funded 4 year undergraduate scholarships in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) related disciplines in the Top ICT universities of Pakistan.
Students will be required to appear for a customized MCQ based aptitude test called “ICT-Scholarship Award Test”. They will also need to qualify for university admission criteria to earn this scholarship. National ICT R&D Fund will also facilitate Foundation Training for students to enhance the skills needed for attempting aptitude based university admission tests. National ICT R&D Fund’s objective is to develop human resource capacity in ICT fields by providing equal opportunities to the talented students of rural/non-metropoli tan areas of Pakistan.
Application and Relevant information
The Resgitration form and relevant instructions are given on National ICT R&D website and can be accessed through following link:
- Applicants are instructed to submit only one (01) Registration Form. Submission of multiple forms from a single applicant shall not be entertained and could result in cancellation of registration.
- A maximum of 700 scholarships are available for the National ICT Scholarship Program 2009. The Scholarship covers 4-year university tuition fee along with the boarding and lodging expenses for the period of study.
- Forms can be photocopied and also downloaded from http://www.ictrdf.org. pk/scholarship
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to stay informed about entrance exam dates of their preferred universities selected in Part-IV(b) of registration form: and take entrance exams.
- The contact details (Part II) as filled in the Registration Form will be used for future correspondence. It is advised that the contact numbers (Landline/Mobile) should not be changed during the course of the National ICT Scholarship Program 2009.
- In University & Discipline Preference Table (Part-IV), please write your preferred selection codes in Serial #: I, II, III & IV of Part IV. Please note that University/Discipli ne preference, once submitted through this Registration Form, cannot be changed. Scholarship Award shall be made in line with the preferences as selected in this Registration Form, participating universities’ policies, seat limitations and criteria devised by National ICT R&D Fund. The number of Potential Seats (Part-IV(a) & Part-IV(b)) available is an estimate based upon the information provided by participating universities at the time of printing of this Registration Form and is subject to change.
- Eligible registered applicants shall be called for a free of cost 4-week foundation training program and taught methodologies to solve MCQ based university entrance exams. The training program is expected to commence in June 2009. Selected applicants are expected to attend the foundation training program to enhance their skill?set to solve MCQ based ICT-Scholarship Award Test and university entrance exams.
- The training program shall be executed in a “Training Center” established in a school/college that exists in the geographical proximity of each applicant.
- ICT-Scholarship Award Test shall be conducted immediately after the conclusion of the foundation training program.
- Applicants are advised to visit http://www.ictrdf.org. pk/scholarship for updates.
- National ICT Scholarship Program scholarship- holders from previous years are not eligible to apply for National ICT Scholarship Program 2009.
Applicants are required to submit duly filled registration forms directly via postal mail to the following address to ensure delivery not later than Saturday, 04 April 2009. These forms could also be submitted to their respective school/college principal not later than the deadline advised by the principal.
Manager ICT-Scholarship Award Test
National Testing Service
House No. 402, Street No. 34
Sector I-8/2 Islamabad